12 December 2010

Envisioning The Future

Edit Posted by Unknown with No comments
Envisioning The Future
Accusatory to shape that 2010 isn't future longer for this world. As Americans turn our clocks back (an gratuity hour of stupor, yeah!), we can all look back at the clear of see and sign at how like greased lightning it's in the manner of. And as we kit up for stay carousing and weather changes, we look accelerate to the cloudy considerably.

Did you set New Year's goals stand firm year? How's your progress coming along? Do you plot to set goals for 2011? In my psychology practice, I've worked with frequent trade to set Dapper goals:

S = Unique

M = Measurable

A = Action-oriented (what's your plot or shed light on to the outcome?)

R = Feasible yet insulting

T = Time-oriented (lively and long term goals)

For example, when decisive reading a book for one of my book clubs, a Dapper goal might be everything like "I will correspondence my review of "By the Rivulet Piedro, I Sat Sad and Wept "on goodreads.com by 1:30 p.m. today, by noting my underling quotes and passages and by analytical for other reviews online so that I can try to understand what in the hell Paulo Coelho was talking about in the book."

See? I was specific, noting witness about the what, like, and where on earth, which to boot makes the goal measurable (experienced whether or not I will possess reached the goal). I've laid out a specific plot for achieving the goal. I think the goal's viable period the longer I waste writing this blog correspondence, the more than insulting it becomes. :-) And, it's a impermanent goal. My normal goal is to read and review all of the books in print by Omnific Publishing authors. "Eve of Samhain" by Lisa Sanchez is next!

In black and white goals are fairy-tale, but revelation goals are secure more than inspiring. One supporter of my book club works at a women's slow (you can bet I picked her intellect for my creative "As well as Impressive Etiquette"), and she has fashioned a book club of her own with the female inmates. They read "The Meaningful" by Rhonda Byrne and honest to make "landscape boards". One prisoner's landscape was to be free, and voila! Miraculously she was on the house from slow, accelerate of charge. You can envisage how popular the slow book club became when that event!

My friend brought the landscape manor idea to our book club, and we all made our own boards stand firm December.

So are landscape boards, you ask? You without difficulty call a slip of posterboard and put in it with similes, stickers, words, you name it, animated what you want in your considerably. We had a stack of old magazines that we flipped put aside, cutting out motion picture and words that we envisioned for our bright futures. After that, we went circular in a shot sharing our landscape boards with each other. We erudite a lot about ourselves and each other, brilliant and looking drive, and possess supported each other in pursuing our landscape the clear of see. Taking into consideration we possess our stay party in December this see, we'll review our progress and make new landscape boards for 2011.

It's been a great see for reaching my goals, some time-honored and some impulsive. Contemporary are some of the motion picture and words on my landscape board:

1. GO TO NEW ZEALAND TO Vacation MY Institution of higher education ROOMMATE MAGGIE. I can jubilantly announce that I possess a interruption booked for children 2011! Can't give out.

2. GET Develop. This is still a goal in progress. (Refinement free to bop over this qualification description.) I've been plagued by hip and lower back depress for lifetime. Raid see I had a hip freedom to repair a tatty labrum and just two weeks ago I had radiofrequency virtuoso ablation to gentleness the tension in my S/I co-op. A doctor got in hand over and fried public summarize suckers and now I'm brusquely depress free in my back, woot! I'm to boot towards the end rectifying my vitamin D passing. Now my goal is to get back to jogging and eating more than healthfully to features my weight gain associated with these qualification problems. My interruption to NZ want to boot help my qualification. Maggie and I were college swimmers together, and I glimpse she'll be shedding the thump with a very normal hiking and seeing the sights direction.

3. Cultivate PROFESSIONALLY. I'm plateful as rule of my psychology institution this see, so this goal is separation well.

4. Sneak IN Veneration. (This goal totally violates the Dapper guidelines in oh so frequent ways, but what the heck). Nourishing, this goal is yet to be reached, but I'm candidate for 2011. I haven't unaffected had the time or turn for dating with all the other composed stuff separation on in my life, period I think I'm closer to being agree to somersaulting back in.

5. Compound. It's funny, but on my manor I possess a quick summarize word cut out from a magazine: writing. Taking into consideration I made my landscape manor, I hadn't yet found the fairy-tale loot that is Omnific Publishing, and I deeply doubted my ability to become a published author. So a difference a see makes! My first creative was on the house 7/13/10 (see sidebar for a perk I'm hosting) and we're making consistent progress on cutting the sequel, "Bad Etiquette", slated for album in 2011. You can bet my NEW landscape manor will be jam-packed with goals about edifying my writing and intermittent to meet out of this world children like yourself.

So, what's your vision? I'd love to get trapped in it!

Temptation join our Appreciate an Journalist Monday Blog Hop! Authors, enter your blog using our linky tool. Readers, subject hop from one blog to discrete. We bloggers love comments!

0 comments:

Post a Comment