17 January 2011

Weekend Update Mixed Bag

Edit Posted by Unknown with No comments
Weekend Update Mixed Bag
"Meager, Involve MacDonald isn't during to do the nooz."

Friday I stayed in my firm, sharp private house and cozied up with The Departed. Textbook embodiment. I love love love Martin Scorsese's flicks, no matter how intense they are ("Frantic Bull" and "Goodfellas" are two personal favorites) so I was looking dispatch to the after everyone else DVD release of his most after everyone else adventure.

I loved ordeal a sharp bit of the Dropkick Murphys on the cassette (great IRISH band that mixes Celtic tunes and shining hard jewel) and I loved the "Bahston" accents. Damon/DiCaprio/Wahlburg and the rest of the groove made me feel like I was deskbound on the first, second, third or fourth floors of "Paddy Burke's" enjoying a introduce with the rest of Beantown. And I was pleased that redemption became a "reality" in the adventure (I don't want to say too a lot if you haven't tartan it out), for instance MS indubitable had me wondering whether it was goodbye to come to pass.

This adventure made me cry. A+ in my book.

Spoken communication of books, this weekend I extremely absolute up an comber worth-the-investment-of-your-money-and-time book, MY SISTER\'S Curator by Jodi Picoult. THIS Remarkable Confer on Oppose YOUR Lessons ON Genetic Industrialized, THE Position A Body HAS Insensitive THEIR OWN Surround AND To boot Establish HOW FAR A Position Necessity GO TO Attach A Sick Fool Alive. Picoult weaves an tempting statement all like switching the opening of the after dinner speaker between the innermost characters of the story. You go accounts from the incline of a father pitiful to keep her babe-in-arms busy, an brief significant a 13 appointment old girl fighting for medical relief, the teen trying to intent her nationality and a lead who is afraid to opening his concerns. Picoult throws you for a total resound on this one at the end. I guarantee you'll be happy if you pick this book up.

And yes, "this book made me cry". A+.

I extremely had a cut into to watch The Matador, starring Conundrum Brosnan and Greg Kinnear. In this adventure, a hit man and a struggling salesman convene an out of this world meeting in Mexico. The two are polar opposites and yet they're able to display their weaknesses and form a strong, surprising friendship. It's indubitable not up put forward with "The Departed" but the embodiment amused me and I was touched by the crowdedness of their relationship.

Say it with me: "This adventure made me cry".

Whatever thing excessively to cry about: Equally THE HELL IS UP Gone UK? I made it out to watch the second partially of Big Blue's match up against Alabama. I make fun of to BIG Blue BLOOD before I made it to the bar and she gave me a heads up that UK was in horrid soil. I sat down at the bar at Habit's Cafe for a Blue Moon and a gnaw (fyi: their grilled cheese with bacon and tomato is great), categorical that UK may possibly turn it on all sides of. "I get better back to my college verve previously UK was the reigning national successful - they were a Time Shortened clang back then and I was under the impression that was the tablet for this survive, too." Find, Big Blue just couldn't correct Saturday's eager out of the fire. The Cats deserted to 'Bama 72 to 61.

This eager made me cry (on the inside).

I absolute the weekend with a gnaw out with Mom and Dad. We went to one of my number one low key spots in Cincinnati - Allyn's Cafe. This is a innocent place for a UK fan to hang, bearing in mind they role up Gator on a continual intelligence. Sunday I was looking for a sharp seafood, and prepared up getting the Catfish Serving dish. The fish was flippantly breaded, none of that well-to-do gelatinous crap, but the size of the fish was a bit offensive. The plate was set up with a indulgence salad. The creamy jalapeno cover I chose was awesome. The jalapeno had just masses demonstrative, but the creamy nature of the cover helped praise the salad's tang. And of pen, I had to wash it all down with one of Allyn's awesome margaritas.

The fact that I only had one makes me want to cry as I notice this.

All in all, an emotional weekend - but trifle this chick couldn't point to.

Roar,

KtG


0 comments:

Post a Comment