26 August 2009

Robesonnc

Edit Posted by Unknown with No comments
Robesonnc
Robeson NC(formed 1787 from Bladen County)Last Will and Testament of Duncan Murphy In the name of God amen. I, Duncan Murphy, of Robeson County, State of North Carolina, being very sick but in perfect health of mind and memory, thanks be given unto God, calling unto mind the mortality of my body and the uncertainty of life, do make my last will and testament. First I recommend my soul to God who gave it and my body to Earth from whence it came. As touching my worldly estate, I dispose of in the following manner. First: I give and bequeath to my dearly beloved wife, Christian, forty dollars, half my flock of sheep, and if Nan has children, the first child to be hers during her natural life, and at her death to be disposed of by the executors among my children discretionally, and to enjoy her livelihood from the plantation during her widowhood. Also I give and devise to my little daughters, Mary and Margaret, if Nan has children, the second and third of her children. If she will not bear, I hereby order my executors to sell her and divide the value among my daughters. And providing this may appear small the executors are to add more out of the common stock at discretion. Also my negro Alick and all my lands I give and bequeath to my sons, Malcorn and Archibald, to be equally divided among them, but in case of extreme necessity, the executors may make their portion less. And providing it may appear expedient to the executors to give a liberal education to one of my sons, let the expense of his education be taken, as much as will be convenient from the common stock, the rest to be taken from his own particular share of the property, and providing his share of the land must be sold, I recommend him to sell to his brother. If they should differ in the value of the land, let the decision be referred to arbitrators chosen by each. Also my executors are ordered to educate the other three children from the common stock. This I confirm and no other to be my last will and testament. In witness wher I have hitherto set my hand and seal this twenty fifth day of March in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and two. /s/ Duncan MurphyM. MurphyGilbert Murphyappearing on last page - Test: Murdock McMillan Arch MurphyRecorded in Book A, page 74. July 1826.Last Will and Testament of Archibald MurphyState of North Carolina )Robeson County ) In the name of God Amen. I, Archibald Murphy, of this County and State aforesaid, being of perfect and sound mind and memory do make this my last Will & Testament in manner and form following, viz: Unto my affectionate daughter, Nancy Murphy, I give and bequeath my negro boy Willis, together with my Negro woman, Rose, and my girl, Caroline. Unto my affectionate daughter, Barbara Murphy, I give and bequeath my negro boy Peter, and my negro girls Lidia and Sarah. Unto my affectionate daughter, Effy McNeill, I give and bequeath my negro boy Jerry, and my negro girls Hannah and Mihaly. Unto my affectionate daughter, Mary McAlister, I give and bequeath the sum of two hundred dollars to be paid to her, the said Mary McAlister, or her heirs, by my Executors to be named hereafter, when by them it will be seen convenient or deemed proper. Unto my grandson, Cole(?) Murphy, I give and bequeath the sum of two hundred dollars to be paid to him twelve months after the debts of my family shall be discharged. Unto my grandson, James Archibald Murphy, I give and bequeath my negro boy General, to be delivered up to him the said James A. Murphy, by my Executors when they shall think proper. Unto my dutiful son, Murdock Murphy, I give and bequeath my negro woman Edy, my girls Leah and Hester, together with my boys Harman and Riddan. Unto my affectionate daughters, the aforesaid Nancy and Barbara Murphy, I give my houses and lands, household and kitchen furniture, plantation and farming utensils, together with my stock of horses, cattle, sheet and hogs, and any other thing owned and possessed by me not disposed of in this my last Will & Testament, to have, hold and possess, in common with my dutiful son, the aforesaid Murdock Murphy during their single or unmarried life, and then to be his, owned and possessed by him the said Murdock Murphy, free from any and all claims whatsoever, to whom I give and bequeath the same. Lastly I nominate and appoint my dutiful son, Murdock Murphy, and my son-in-law, Duncan McNeill, Executors to this my last Will and Testament. /s/ Archibald Murphy (seal) Signed and sealed this July 31, 1832 in presence of: Witnesses: /s/ Arch Smith /s/ Alexr (his mark) McBryde /s/ Gilbert McMillanWill of Archibald Murphy dec'd, Robeson County; August Term 1837. Will proven in open court by the oath of Archibald Smith, one of the subscribing witnesses thereto and ordered to be recorded. /s/ ? Howell, Clk. recorded in Will Book, page 305Letter of Resignation from Military Service - Duncan MurpheyTo: Col. William Sterling, 08 Dec 1819 - Major, 2nd Regt., Roberson County. "... as I may probably Remove from the District before another meeting of the Legislature... As I am better acquainted in the upper Regt. permit me to Recommend Gilbert Murphey as a person to fill the office that I now resign... "See Clarke County Alabama for additional records of this family, including LWT of Murdock Murphy.Some Robeson County MarriagesJohn Murphy to Peggy McDuffy on 14 Feb 1806.Margaret Murphy to George McIntosh on 03 Oct 1828.Mary Murphy to Malcom Patterson on 27 Mar 1822.4/12/02 - from the files of: Robeson NCBeverly Cunningham White

Origin: quickpua.blogspot.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment