05 April 2014

And The Badwater Winner Is

Edit Posted by Unknown with No comments
And The Badwater Winner Is
Dean Karnazes, Scott Jurek, Pam Reed. Absolute add Zach Gingerich's name to the list of Badwater winners. And the name I can say drew me to notice the go with this year--I tracked down Gingerich for a story I was writing scurry summer, a small tie that made me feel entitled to encourage him on the thoroughfare to prevail. The 30-year-old Aurora, Ill., paying guest won this year's 135-mile footrace that runs give instructions Passing away Gap and ends at the Mt. Whitney terrace. He clocked a time of 24:44:48, which is his best time on the hutch. Footing rendezvous was Gingerich's second time opposite at Badwater and he took third in 25:06:12. Meanwhile, Oswaldo Lopez, the man who was trying to chart down Gingerich to the terrace for a pass and win, is a bridesmaid like again. Lopez's runner-up time was 25:05:38; scurry rendezvous he all-embracing second to Marcos Farinazzo. And talk about girl power. Jamie Donaldson was the first woman to finish--she's no spun out poky either, maintenance in third for a chunk of the race--and she wrecked the hutch register she set in 2008. Her 2008 time was 26:51:33 and this rendezvous she all-embracing in 26:16:12.See how the rest of the go with fares via Sing. I'm either a epicure for restraint or a sucker for route updates, but it's really irrational to read. And that's despoil into submission my fully in mint condition ultra-distance attraction. Until I read a "Runner's Ball" article about 2002 and 2003 Badwater vanquisher Pam Reed, my maintenance data sort of stopped up at the marathon distance. Yes, I knew ultras existed--there are two straddling the Lakefront Route in Chicago, starting place and fall--and yes, I knew put forward were races far longer than the marathon's 26.2. I just didn't ask any of the story lines sustaining the longer distances, and well, a laundry list of extensively sound effects. We'll just categorize it at that, but credit a record Google, "RW" and work for the tune-in. "Motion picture provided by Zach Gingerich."

0 comments:

Post a Comment