17 July 2014

The Get Out Clause For Dating Emergencies

Edit Posted by Unknown with No comments
The Get Out Clause For Dating Emergencies
Ah the get out clause! It is an essential part of online dating sites. It's the excuse you need when you meet someone for the first time and realise very quickly that it is not going to work out. Maybe they are twenty years older than they said on their profile, or perhaps they have really bad body odour. Maybe you just don't feel safe around them. There are lots of good reasons to have a friend present on your first date to get you out of a bad situation with a made up emergency. Just make sure your friend knows when you want out and when you don't.

On one occasion my date has chosen a lovely vegan restaurant for our first lunch date, because he wanted me to have a decent choice of food. I thought this was so thoughtful, because even though he ate meat, he wanted me, as a vegan, to be happy. The conversation was going well and we had real chemistry. The only problem was he did not look like his profile photos. Goodness only knows when they were taken, because since then he had lost his hair, wore glasses and gained a substantial amount of weight, but there was something about him that was just lovely. I couldn't put my finger on it.

My friend Melissa was my get out clause that night and she and her boyfriend Dave were running late. As they entered the restaurant and were directed to their table she spotted me and gave me a wink. Her eyes moved across to my date and it was then her mouth dropped open and she whispered something to Dave. She came running over to me.

"Catherine! What are you doing here? You're late for that appointment. You can't miss it. It's really important. If you leave now you can still make it."

That was the get out clause, but I wasn't sure why she was using it, since I hadn't stretched my arms over my head, which was our signal.

"No I don't have an appointment." I said glaring at her to go away.

"Yes you do that appointment for your fungal infection." She said a little too loudly. She looked at my poor date, "You know down below. You can't leave these things untreated"

My face turned deep red as I blushed down to my toes. It was only later that Melissa admitted that she had thought I would want to get out of there because of my date's looks. Needless to say he didn't want a second date. So my advice is whilst it is great to have a friend around for support and safety don't let them mess up a perfectly good date.

Origin: relationships-rescue.blogspot.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment