29 September 2014

Is Chivalry Really Dead

Edit Posted by Unknown with No comments
i just dont get what is happening with this generation....do gentlemen still exist at all?

call me old fashioned, maybe the kind of upbringing my parents gave me had alot to do with it. Watching how my dad related with my mom while growing up just made me want to grow up quick and get married. i remember how my dad never let my brother forget the value of chivalry and etiquette towards women. Even my grand dad was a true gentleman in every sense of the word. But why now does it seem like it's completely impossible for men to do what I would consider the 'normal' thing?

All I know is, the more I look around, the less I see men treating women the way that we're raised to. What happened to paying for dinners and drinks? What happened to pulling out chairs and holding doors? What happened to walking on the outside, closest to the street and all that? What happend to the chivalrous touch? When did it become acceptable to just text a girl,inviting her to come bang? Don't get me wrong. I'm not complaining about those instances, I'm just saying the more i look around the less i see men treating women like they were raised to.

The real problem here is that us women, for one reason or another, have become complacent and allowed men to get away with adhering to the bare minimum. Men no longer have to put in the effort of flowers, chocolates, dates, etc., and if they do, they come off as clingers or too emotional.

Its all about hookups and banging these days especially on 1st dates and that really breaks my heart. call me old fashioned or a dreamer but this used to be the norm less than 2 decades ago. What changed?

Reference: dating-for-black-men.blogspot.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment