16 January 2015

David Deangelo Getting That X Factor

Edit Posted by Unknown with No comments
David Deangelo Getting That X Factor
I wanted to bring some light to a topic that I feel is kindof a grey area in pick up and nobody has to ever seem to have a good answer to.

When I first got into pick up, the types of advice that Iwould loathe so much:

"Just be yourself"

"Be confident"

"Be charismatic"

When I hear someone say that, it really makes my blood boil,if they had said nothing it would have been to the efficacy.

Then when I got into the pick up arts, I remember distinctlycoming to the same problem. I remember distinctly overcoming my approachanxiety and I could now finally approach without getting too nervous andpissing my pants. It took me roughly 3 weeks of going out consistently and Ifelt like I was still at square one and I couldn't hook a set for the life ofme. I mean, what good was getting over approach anxiety If girls still found medry and uninteresting?

This is what pick up REALLY is, learning how to beinteresting, learning how to story tell, learning how to utilize differenttypes of humor at different points in the conversation. This ONLY comes withexperience and IMO is the only place of your game that you cannot expedite withtactics, it's something you have to experiment with via trial and error totruly form your "style".

I'll have guys ask me all the time to give them BT gambitsand ideas for making girls laugh, and while I'm more than happy to lend out mypersonal arsenal, I do it hesitantly, because they're congruent to ME. Iremember the first couple times going out, I tried telling using the spin moveand telling Mystery's stripper story and it just came out horribly incongruent,because quite frankly, I just thought the material was trivial and stupid.

Okay.... So enough with the whining, how do we get to the nextlevel. One man's work shines above the rest here and what do you know, he'salso the most mainstream. If you're stuck here at this part of the game and youjust can't seem to be "interesting", look into David Deangelo's material.Luckily being on the show, we had access to a ton of material so I perused asmuch of it as I needed. I took notes and I constantly field tested these ideasout. I found about a dozen tips/tricks that I found to my liking and if you've studied the materialtoo, you'll find me spitting it out word for word, but hey, it works. It getsattention, it makes people laugh, and most importantly, it gets me results.

So what's the magic bullet to becoming interesting andcharismatic? Practice.... Practice and constant re-evaluation. Get used towriting field reports, this is why APB and I stress it so much to write fieldrepots, you'll remember lines/routines that you used that night that you foundsuccessful and if you just simply write it down, the rate of sticking in yourmemory goes up exponentially. Remember, when you're running pickup, you'rerunning the exact same interaction over and over again, you'll see the same obstacles,same patterns, and you'll find yourself reusing jokes and reusing stories overand over again, and before you know it you'll have your own rendition of a"Mystery Stripper Story" that you tell over and over again to DHV yourself.

Nobody said you would just "get it" over night, if you goout consistently for a few to several months, I genuinely believe that ANYONEcan fine tune this part of their game and really, this is the bulk of pickup.Once you have a good sense of situational awareness and great delivery andenthusiasm, the rest of the puzzle will fall into place



Origin: break-seduction.blogspot.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment